Hi, thanks for stopping by.
I’m currently developing an online course about how to dress your body and I want to make it as useful as possible! If there is something that bothers you you when it comes to your body shape and you want the issue addressed, you can vent your frustrations here.
Round, or commonly called apple, body shape is characterized by a rounded shoulder line, curved back and fullness around the middle part of the body. Women with this body type usually have good legs and a flattish bottom.
Celebrities who posses Round body shape – Gabourey Sidibe, Nikki Blonsky, Queen Latifah, Rosie O’donnell
To balance your silhouette avoid any voluminous details around the mid part of your body and keep this area simple and uncluttered. Choose clothes that hang from your shoulders. Try do draw attention either above your bust line or below the hips.
Your best fabrics are substantial, yet soft and fluid. You want those that hang and don’t cling or hug the figure. Look for wool crepe, fine knits and silks.
Following clothing lines will work good for your body shape:
Use the following basic rules of optical illusions to balance your silhouette:
• Lighter colours and fabrics with shine and textures visually increase the size of a surface
• Darker colours and fabrics with matte and plain textures diminish it
• Bright colors and details draw attention
• Column of colour has a slimming effect
• Horizontal lines make a subject look wider, while a couple of vertical lines may help to look longer and slimmer (look at Queen Latifah’s dress).
Avoid the following clothing lines:
To be honest, I think that this approach to dressing is quite dated.. I described what I do instead in this post:
– How to determine your body shape and proportions.
You may also want to read this post:
– 5 Reasons Why You Don’t Need to Know Your Body Shape
If you have any questions, please comment below.